It’s the eve of my 33rd birthday. Even as I finalize plans for celebrating the day tomorrow, I am blissfully taking some time today to reflect upon the past three decades of my life. What I am today is the sum total of the experiences I have had so far and my reactions to them. The woman I am now is influenced by the people I love in my life, strangers I have met, highs I have felt, and the lows I have survived. I feel grateful for every good, bad, and even ugly experiences because each has contributed in becoming me. Continue reading “33 Lessons I Have Learned in Life So Far”
How long does it take for you to get ready and step out with your baby? ! I’m not factoring in how long you as an individual take because new mommas ace the skill of picking your clothes, getting into them, and putting makeup on in flat 5 minutes –pretty naturally.
As a new mom, the answer to this question relies on two things mainly a) how cranky your baby is b) how well stocked the diaper bag is!
These two are all the more critical when you are a first-time, just-up-from-the- 40-days-rest-period- mommy. But the good news is that you learn to take charge of both the factors as you become a ‘seasoned mommy’. Continue reading “Diaper Bag Essentials: Things You Cannot Leave Home Without!”
Motherhood has taught me a lot about living in the moment. Kids don’t remember yesterday. They don’t plan for tomorrow. They just exist in the moment. Be with them. Take time to listen, to laugh, and to play together. And that’s how we should live life, no? By “being” in the moment….
If you follow my blog and my instagram feed, you’d know of my trust in Mother Sparsh Wet Wipes. I have been using the wipes for over a year now. When I first started talking about it, I was amazed at how many of my friends were already using it for their babies. It restored my faith in the brand.
While the brand scored on all the essential aspects, there was one thing that bothered some parents. The strong fragrance. I received a comment from a concerned momma. Take a look: Continue reading “Mother Sparsh Wipes Launches 99% Unscented Wipes for Sensitive Baby Skin”
No one tells you how hard it is going to be. Honestly, even if they do, you don’t realize it until you experience it yourself. This June when we celebrated her birthday, I got this phrase from almost everyone: time flies. “Huh, what do you know!,” I said to myself each time I read or heard that line.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I am not saying it was a painfully slow year. But fly it didn’t. Continue reading “13 Things You Learn in the First Year of Becoming a Mother”
Striking work-life balance is never easy especially when you are a mother. And what happens when you are entrepreneur too? You end up learning the art of working through your child’s play dates and meal times! Meet one such super mom, Sunanda Kashyap, founder of Crazymee
Taking extra care of one’s skin and hair is probably the last thing on a new momma’s list of things to do. Till a few weeks ago, I barely had the energy to brush my teeth before putting the little one to sleep let alone follow a proper night skincare routine!
So when I got the package from Satliva, I wasn’t sure how much I was going to be able to use the products: a face and body oil, face cream, lip balm, and handmade soap (which I used sooner because thankfully I do manage to get time to bathe!). But the excitement of trying out something new and the fragrance of these natural products got me to try them out. Below is the detailed review of Satliva products I have been using for some days now: Continue reading “Product Review: Skin Care Products from Satliva”
Is your husband a hands-on father? Even if he is, we bet, there are things you wish dads knew! Take a look at some of those moments. Continue reading “Things Moms Wish Dads Knew!”
First experiences are always special. First crush, first trip abroad, first time you see snow…the feelings are indescribable. But the feeling that trumps all of these is that of becoming a first time mom! From the first time you see the pink line on pregnancy test tool to the first baby movement inside you – each moment is overwhelming. And when you hold your baby for the first time, you know your life has changed forever. Continue reading “Why I Chose Mother Sparsh Wet Wipes When I Became #FirstTimeMom”
Can you imagine your life as a parent without wipes? From bottom cleaning to wiping hands and surfaces, wet wipes are a blessing. But long before the concept of baby wipes came in, people used cloth scraps or cloth wipes that were washed and re-used. Imagine the ordeal on the go! It was not until 1950s that disposable wipes were introduced for hands and other clean ups. What’s more, baby wipes were introduced even later in the 1980s.
Phew! Thankfully, we have baby wipes from reliable brands available today. However, no matter which brand of wipes you choose for your baby, there are a few things to be kept in mind about the wipes. Take a look at some of the facts about baby wipes.
- Diaper Rash May Require You To Change The Wipes
Your first instinct when your baby gets a diaper rash might be to change the diaper brand. However, you should first consider changing the wipes you’re using. The skin around your baby’s diaper area is repeatedly exposed to wetness, poop, and urine. Since the skin in this area has more folds and creases than other area, it makes it difficult to clean it thoroughly.
As mentioned in the posts earlier, I say this through my personal experience with my little one’s rash. My baby would scream and howl everything I tried cleaning up with the wipes I was using. Unhappy with the wipes I was using, I switched to cotton and water, which worked miraculously. But that was quite inconvenient so I looked for an alternative and found the perfect substitute in Mother Sparsh, India’s Ist water based wet wipes.
- The Skin is Much More Sensitive
An important point we need to remember is that the absorption rate of skin in the delicate regions of baby’s body is significantly higher than in other parts of the body such as the forearm. So, the concentration of chemicals in products used in those parts of the body may need to be lower. A lot of baby wipes available in the market have up to 80% polyester which is harmful for the baby. When buying wet wipes for your baby, look for ones that have no polyester content. I checked Mother Sparsh water-based wipes through a flame test and found that the wipes are actually as good as cotton and water.
3. Wet Wipes Are Safe to Use for Premature Babies
A lot of my friends have expressed their apprehension for using wet wipes for premature babies. The concern is misplaced. A study conducted to find out whether they were safe for all babies found that “wipes were safe for use with subgroups such as premature babies”. It is, in fact, recommended that premature babies should not be bathed in their premature state to avoid the risk of unnecessary distress. The results of the study showed the wipes were well tolerated by premature babies and even indicated some beneficial skin effects.
4. Disposable baby wipes Complement Healthy Skin pH
Now, you might wonder how wipes can have beneficial effects on skin. Note here, that rash development is commonly attributed to increase of skin pH following exposure to urine and feces. Actually, the babies have a natural pH balance which tends to increase with dirty diapers. Good wipes, like Mother Sparsh, help restore the skin’s natural pH balance.
5. Make Sure the Wipes Don’t Cause Environmental damage
Majority of wet wipes in the market aren’t biodegradable. This means they can cause serious drainage problems if flushed down the toilet. As a matter of fact, wet wipes were called “the biggest villain of 2015” by well known international newspaper after it was discovered wet wipes contribute to giant fat-bergs in the sewage system. Good brands, such as Mother Sparsh, take care of this as well. Mother Sparsh is as good as cotton and water, so no environmental damage!
Whichever brand you choose, pay close attention to the ingredients in the brand you buy. Opt to purchase wipes that contain a minimum number of preservatives and keep a check on how your baby’s skin reacts to these wipes. My trust is on Mother Sparsh (website link) water based wipes after being sure of its effect on my baby’s skin and conducting a test myself. I encourage you to do the same. You can buy the wipes from here
How many of you liked Chemistry in school? Hit ‘Like’ if you loved the subject (yeah, yeah that’s my way of getting more likes;)) While I wasn’t a fan of the theoretical part, I loved the days when we had practical. Going into that lab with the white coat on, I used to feel thrilled conducting different experiments.
One experiment I recall distinctly is the flame test. Remember? Used for identification of certain metals, the flame test is used for identification of certain unknown elements. It is based on the characteristic color the salt turns the flame of a Bunsen burner.
Thanks to Mother Sparsh, I got to relive those lab moments sans all the technicalities and complexities, of course. And it did not require a Bunsen burner. All it took was a candle, matchstick, and two wipes: one of Mother Sparsh brand and one of any other brand. The idea was to see the difference between the two as claimed by the brand being as good as cotton and water.
Mother Sparsh wipes claim to be skin friendly wipes made from 100% plant-based fabric. This makes them purely safe not just for your little but for the environment also. There is no polyester added to these wipes so can easily decompose and keep environment pollution-free.
Note here, there’s no polyester used as per the brand. So, is it true? Here’s what I did to check that:
- I took Mother Sparsh baby wipe and held it above the flame.
- The wipe did not catch fire very easily and there was no foul smell. This is because it is made up of 98% water. The residue turned to soot immediately.
- I then tried the same test with another brand’s wipes. Though that also did not catch fire immediately, it did have a pungent smell. The residue was the same as you’d get if you burn something with high plastic content.
Seeing is believing, isn’t it? The test is a proof that Mother Sparsh Baby Wipes are true to its claim of being as good as cotton and water. The smell it yields is the most important factor in determining the contents. If the baby wipe you’re using, yields plastic-like smell, it is indicative of high polyester content, which can be harmful for your baby’s skin. If it smells like burning cloth or paper, like in this case, it is much safer to use.
Do you believe in The Law of Attraction? Dr. Karishma Ahuja, a renowned Law of Attraction trainer, hypnotherapist & Metaphysical Counsellor in India believes in using the power of mind to make lives better. Here she talks about how parents can use Law of Attraction to make their kids’ life better.
The Law of Attraction is a powerful universal energy bringing you more of whatever it is that is going on within you, this includes your thoughts, beliefs and feelings. If we understand how this ‘law’ works we can use it for great success and fulfillment in our families, jobs and careers.
As parents, the first thing you need to understand is that ‘example’ is not the best way, it is in fact the only way to teach your children. So in order to bring about any positive change in your children, you have to yourself commit to using these principles in your life religiously.
Here are 5 ways parents can use the Law of Attraction to positively influence their children and promote the well being of the family.
1. Meditate together: As the Dalai Lama said, If every child was taught to meditate, we would not have any wars in the world. Sit in silence daily as a family. Golden rule is if your child is 4 years, meditate together for 4 minutes, if he is 5 years, meditate for 5 minutes and so on daily. Breathe deeply and fully. This is a great way to energize your body and cleanse your Aura. Ask children if they observed any negative thoughts or feelings while sitting in silence. Encourage them to speak about it and teach them the importance of forgiving everybody and everything.
2. Be happy: In order to raise a successful kid, first ensure that He or she is a Joyful kid. The Law of Attraction always emphasizes on ‘feeling good’ as the essential key to boosting your ability to Attract and Manifest what you desire. The home should always be a happy place. Challenges will come, it is important ,however, for parents to remain calm and always expect good things to happen to them. This is a winning mindset and when they observe parents always holding on to their faith and hoping for the best, children will begin to develop this mindset too. The family can together repeat, “Only good happens to us.”
3. Use positive words: Your words should be such that they inspire and encourage, not hurt and humiliate. Remember, your intentions are no good if your children feel unwanted and rejected. Every word you speak carries energy. Positive words will create positive thoughts, which in turn create positive vibrations. Law of Attraction says, You can only Manifest your desires if you are in a positive vibration. So make sure you speak to each other at home with love and respect. As you do this, you will see your children doing the same and growing up to be confident, intelligent adults who can think clearly and stay focused.
4. Appreciation tool: According to the Law of Attraction, the more you observe what’s working for you, the more you begin to draw all things good and desirable. Spend 5 minutes daily at night with your children talking about what went right in the day. Make it fun and light.
Encourage each other to talk about the best thing that happened in the day. This can actually help us to break away from the victim mentality and do away with the tendency to blame and find faults.
This exercise will help the family develop an attitude of Appreciation, an essential key to powerful Manifestation.
5. Power of ‘I CAN’: The Law of Attraction says, If you really want to Achieve something, you got to believe that You can. Teach children the importance of believing they are powerful creators. Encourage them to dream big. As a family, together practice speaking the language of I CAN. Whenever someone wishes to do something, let them mentally and verbally repeat, I CAN DO IT. When done regularly, this exercise will raise their vibration and remove thoughts of self doubt and fear.
About the author of this article:
Karishma has profound expertise in Ho’oponopono (a Hawaiin word which means to correct and erase), which is a problem solving technique which teaches us to stop blaming, instead take responsibility for everything we are experiencing in life by connecting it with our subconscious mind.
Wondering what makes Mother Sparsh Water Wipes different from other wipes? Find out…